Blake Marsh is a senior economist at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City. He joined the Banking Research department in July 2016. His research areas are commercial bank regulation and financial intermediation. His current research examines commercial real estate lending, syndicated corporate lending, and financial innovation. Mr. Marsh holds a B.A. in economics from The George Washington University and M.A. and Ph.D. degrees from American University. He previously held positions at the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and in the mortgage industry.
Professional Journals and Books
- "The U.S. syndicated loan market: Matching Data" with Gregory J. Cohen, Jacob Dice, Melanie Friedrichs, Kamran Gupta, William Hayes, Isabel Kitschelt, Seung Jung Lee, Nathan Mislang, Maya Shaton, Martin Sicilian and Chris Webster, 2021. Journal of Financial Research, 44, 695-723. External Linkhttps://doi.org/10.1111/jfir.12261
- "Assessing Targeted Macroprudential Financial Regulation: The Case of the 2006 Commercial Real Estate Guidance for Banks" with William F. Bassett, 2017. Journal of Financial Stability, 30, pp. 209-228.
Economic Review Articles
- How Did Banks and Investors Respond to the 2020 Stress Test Results?
Volume 107, No. 1
- Corporate Leverage and Investment
with David Rodziewicz and Karna Chelluri, Volume 105, No. 1
- Bank Financial Restatements and Market Discipline
with Raluca A. Roman, Second Quarter 2018
- Do Adverse Oil Price Shocks Change Loan Contract Terms for Energy Firms?
with Rajdeep Sengupta and David Rodziewicz, Fourth Quarter 2017
- Banking on Distributed Ledger Technology: Can It Help Banks Address Financial Inclusion?
with Jesse Leigh Maniff, Third Quarter 2017
Research Working Papers
- Supervisory Stringency, Payout Restrictions, and Bank Equity Prices
- Loan Guarantees in a Crisis: An Antidote to a Credit Crunch
with Padma Sharma, RWP 21-03
- What Did Policy Interventions Fix in the Municipal Bond Market - Liquidity or Credit?
with Huixin Bi, RWP 20-19
- The U.S. Syndicated Loan Market: Matching Data
with Gregory J. Cohen , Melanie Friedrichs, Kamran Gupta, William Hayes, Seung Jung Lee, Nathan Mislang, Maya Shaton, and Martin Sicilian, RWP 18-09
- Competition and Bank Fragility
with Rajdeep Sengupta, RWP 17-06
- PPP Raised Community Bank Revenue but Lowered Profitability
with Padma Sharma, December 2020
- Understanding the Recent Rise in Municipal Bond Yields
with Huixin Bi, Jacob Dice, and Chaitri Gulati, May 2020
- How Have Banks Responded to Declining Reserve Balances?
with Rajdeep Sengupta, August 2019
- What's Driving Leveraged Loan Spreads?
with Seung Jung Lee, February 2019
- Trends in the Labor Share Post-2000
with Didem Tuzemen and Thao Tran, December 2018