The Kansas City Fed is one of 12 Federal Reserve banks that are the operating arms of our nation’s central bank. It is our responsibility to ensure banks within our District are well-run and treat their customers fairly, payments are handled safely and efficiently, and that the interests of our region are represented in national monetary policy deliberations.
Nearly 2,000 employees at the Kansas City Fed work in monetary policy, banking supervision, payments and public engagement, as well as supporting areas, including information technology, financial management and administrative services.
We serve the Tenth Federal Reserve District, which includes western Missouri, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Wyoming, Colorado & northern New Mexico.
We serve our economy
The Kansas City Fed fosters the stability, integrity and efficiency of the nation's monetary, financial and payments systems to promote a stable, healthy economy. We do this through five areas:
- Monetary Policy: We contribute to the conduct of U.S. monetary policy.
- Supervision and Regulation: We provide supervisory oversight of financial institutions.
- Payments and Treasury: We promote a safe, efficient and accessible payments system.
- Public and Community Engagement: We promote economic development and public understanding.
- Support Services: We provide a variety of services that enable functions to carry out our mission.
Learn about the Federal Reserve System, and the Kansas City Fed's history, leadership and Office of Minority and Women Inclusion. Our Annual Reports, PDFCode of Conduct, PDFRequest for Information and External LinkVoluntary Guide to Conduct for Senior Officials are also online. More information can be found here:
Read TEN magazine for the latest research and information from the Kansas City Fed.