Omaha Branch News
Ag Credit Survey Farm income in the Tenth District dropped in the third quarter, intensifying concerns about farm sector liquidity and credit conditions in the coming months.
Ag Finance Databook Reduced farm income continued to drive demand for short-term financing to cover operating costs. Both the number and volume of operating loans originated increased in the third quarter of 2015.
Nebraska Economist Economic growth in Nebraska has been constrained recently by a softening farm economy and goods-producing industries linked to agriculture.
About the Omaha Branch
Vice President and Economist Jon Willis provides an update on the U.S. economy and monetary policy at the Kearney Economic Forum, which took place on the campus of the Unviersity of Nebraska at Kearney.
The Board of Directors from Kansas City, Denver, Oklahoma City and Omaha gathered for a Joint Board Meeting in Omaha, Nebraska, September 9, 2015. The 2-day meeting featured a tour of the Union Pacific Harriman Dispatch Center.
Participants at the Urban Core Economic and Small Business Development Roundtable hear about Grow Your Own, an entrepreneurship-based economic development strategy that communities can use to improve local economies and reduce economic disparity.
Omaha Branch staff share information about the Bank's free economic and personal finance resources with area educators during Durham Teacher Night in Omaha.
Omaha Branch employees visited Conestoga Elementary Magnet School in Omaha to read books and lead activities centered on savings as part of Teach Children to Save Day.
The 2014-2015 Omaha Branch Student Board of Directors toured Gavilon’s headquarters in downtown Omaha to learn about potential future careers.
Nathan Kauffman, Omaha Branch executive, shares insights on the Nebraska economy with business and community leaders in Lincoln.
The Omaha Branch Board of Directors along with Bank President Esther George and other Bank staff toured Heartland Cattle Company outside of McCook.
Nov 12, 2015 | U.S. Economic Outlook and Monetary Policy
Oct 27, 2015 | When Uncertainty Turns to Risk in Ag Finance
Oct 1, 2015 | Agricultural Outlook
Jul 22, 2015 | U.S. Economic Outlook and Monetary Policy
Staff at the Kansas City Fed's Omaha Branch:
- Provide insights and analysis on Nebraska's economy.
- Lead research on the agricultural economy for the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City and the Federal Reserve System.
- Work with Nebraska educators and, students, as well as the public, to promote economic and financial education and increase understanding of the Federal Reserve.
- Support community economic growth through research and resources for bankers, economic developers and small business owners.
- Promote a safe, stable and competitive banking system through the supervision and regulation of financial institutions while also providing proactive outreach to state member banks and bank holding companies.
- Meet with and speak to community and business organizations about economic conditions in the state and gather information and insights about diverse perspectives on the economy.