Oklahoma City Branch Focus
Staff at the Kansas City Fed's Oklahoma City Branch:
- Provide insights and analysis on Oklahoma’s economy.
- Lead energy research and business surveys for the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Work with Oklahoma educators, students and the public to promote economic and financial education to increase understanding of the Federal Reserve.
- Support community economic growth through research and resources for bankers, economic developers, non-profits and small business owners.
- Partner with Oklahoma Council on Economic Education and the Oklahoma Jump$tart Coalition to provide programs focused on economic education and personal finance for students, educators and the low- and moderate-income community.
- Meet with and speak to community and business organizations about economic conditions in the state and gather information and insights about diverse perspectives on the economy.
- President Esther George and the Oklahoma City Branch Board of Directors tour Tinker Air Force Base to understand its economic impact to the local region.
- The Economic Education Advisory Council works with Federal Reserve staff to review needs and identify resources for economic and financial education teachers in Oklahoma.
- Chad Wilkerson, Oklahoma City Branch executive and economist, meets with executives from NORDAM to learn about Oklahoma’s aerospace industry.
- Oklahoma City Branch employees attend a career fair to recruit college students for full-time positions and internships.