Welcome to the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City’s Money Museum; a billion-dollar experience! See how the Bank processes millions of dollars in currency each day, lift a real gold bar, view the historic Harry S. Truman coin collection and enjoy fun, interactive exhibits while learning about the U.S. economy. Explore a variety of digital exhibits and activities here on our website.
Monday - Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Last entry at 3:30 p.m.
Weekends and External LinkBank holidays.
Location: Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
1 Memorial Drive, Kansas City, Missouri 64198
The Money Museum is located in the Crown Center District and is walking distance from the National WWI Museum and Memorial and Union Station. Money Museum guests can park for free in the visitor lot located off of Wyandotte, on the west side of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City building.
Starting Monday, Sept. 11, KC Streetcar Constructors will close Memorial Drive between Main Street and Liberty Memorial Mall for green infrastructure installation. This work is anticipated to be complete in nine to 10 weeks, weather and unforeseen circumstances permitting. The visitor parking lot and front circle drive will still be accessible from Wyandotte St. View the attached map for further directions. PDFMemorial_Closure_Map_Sep_2023
What to Expect:
The Money Museum is a free, walk-in and self-guided experience. Tickets are not required.
- Airport-style security screening
- Download our free app for tours and scavenger hunts. External Linkhttps://kansas.mm.yourcultureconnect.com/
Visit our Museum Policies page to learn more about general policies for visiting the Museum.
Accessible for All Guests:
Check out our Money Museum Accessibility Guide
We strive to offer the best experience for all our guests. Find information above about parking, entrance, screening, and additional resources.
For questions about any of our accessibility services, please contact us.
Required for guests 18+ U.S. residents: State issued ID or passport International guests: Valid passport
We love to see guests taking photos in our museum! But please...no photos of our security equipment, personnel or Cash operations.
Into the Fold: U.S. Currency Origami has returned to the Money Museum. This exhibit combines the art of paper folding with the unique designs of American currency and the geometry of Platonic Solids. Explore this unique collection and learn to fold your own currency origami when you visit.
Reserve a guided 45-minute tour of the Money Museum. Tours focus on our highlight exhibits including the Harry S. Truman Coin Collection, gold bar, and cash processing and vault viewing area while overviewing the basic functions and history of the KC Fed.
Who can request a guided tour?
- Guided tours are for educational student groups only including kindergarten through high school public and private schools, homeschool groups, colleges, scouts, and extracurricular education groups.
- The minimum number of participants is 12, and the maximum is 60. This includes chaperones.
When can guided tours be booked for?
- Guided tours are available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
- Tours can be booked between the hours of 9:30a.m. to 12:00p.m. and 1:00p.m. to 2:30p.m.
- You must book the tour no less than 15 business days prior to the tour date.
How are guided tours requested?
- Please fill out the request form. Note: External Linkthe form is optimized for desktop use.
Can student groups come for a self-guided visit?
- Yes! Due to capacity limitations, we ask that all student groups notify the museum in advance of their self-guided visit. Self-guided visits are available anytime during our open hours and do not require registering for a guided tour.
- To notify the museum of your self-guided visit, please contact the Money Museum by email at KCMoneyMuseum@kc.frb.org or by phone at (816) 881-268.
What tour accommodations are available?
- The Money Museum can provide reasonable accommodations to guests upon request. To learn more about museum accessibility and accommodation, visit our accessibility page.
- Please contact the Money Museum by email at KCMoneyMuseum@kc.frb.org or by phone at (816) 881-2683.