Welcome to the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City’s Money Museum; a billion-dollar experience! See how the Bank processes millions of dollars in currency each day, lift a real gold bar, view the historic Harry S. Truman coin collection and enjoy fun, interactive exhibits while learning about the U.S. economy. Explore a variety of digital exhibits and activities here on our website.
Monday - Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Last entry at 3:30 p.m.
Weekends and External LinkBank holidays.
- December 26
- January 26
Location: Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
1 Memorial Drive, Kansas City, Missouri 64198
What to Expect:
The Money Museum is a free, walk-in and self-guided experience. Tickets are not required.
- Airport-style security screening
- Masking is optional. Free masks are available upon request.
Visit our Museum Policies page to learn more about general policies for visiting the Museum.
The Money Museum is located in the Crown Center District and is walking distance from the National WWI Museum and Memorial and Union Station. Money Museum guests can park for free in the visitor lot located off of Wyandotte, on the west side of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City building.
Please be prepared for delays due to construction on Main and other surrounding streets.
Accessible for All Guests:
Check out our Money Museum Accessibility Guide
We strive to offer the best experience for all our guests. Find information above about parking, entrance, screening, and additional resources.
For questions about any of our accessibility services, please contact us.
Required for guests 18+ U.S. residents: State issued ID or passport International guests: Valid passport
We love to see guests taking photos in our museum! But please...no photos of our security equipment, personnel or Cash operations.
Guided tours for educational groups resume September 20, 2022. Book your tour today!
Reserve a guided 30 to 45-minute tour of the Money Museum. Tours focus on our highlight exhibits including the Harry S. Truman Coin Collection, gold bar, and cash processing and vault viewing area while overviewing the basic functions and history of the KC Fed.
When can tours be booked for?
- Guided tours are available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
- Tours can be booked between the hours of 9:30AM to 12:00PM and 1:00PM to 2:30PM.
- You must book the tour no less than 15 business days and no more than three months prior to your tour date.
Who can request a guided tour?
- Guided tours are for educational student groups only including kindergarten through high school public and private schools, homeschool groups, colleges, scouts, and extracurricular education groups.
- The minimum number of participants is 12, and the maximum is 60. This includes chaperons.
How are tours requested?
- Please fill out the request form- PDFThe Money Museum Guided Tour Request Form
- Once completed, please email it to KCMoneyMuseum@kc.frb.org. Tours will be confirmed via email up to two weeks after submission.
What are tour expectations and accommodations?
- Students 18 years and older and all chaperones must show a valid form of government issued I.D.
- Students can be dropped off in front of the building and buses can park further down the circle drive.
- The Money Museum can provide reasonable accommodations to guests upon request. To learn more about museum accessibility and accommodation, visit our accessibility page. External LinkKansas City Money Museum Accessibility