Welcome to the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City’s Money Museum; a billion-dollar experience! See how the Bank processes millions of dollars in currency each day, lift a real gold bar, view the historic Harry S. Truman coin collection and enjoy fun, interactive exhibits while learning about the U.S. economy. Explore a variety of digital exhibits and activities here on our website.
The Money Museum welcomes you!
Monday - Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Last entry at 3:30 p.m.
Weekends and External LinkBank holidays.
Location: Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
External LinkGet Directions - Map
1 Memorial Drive, Kansas City, Missouri 64198
What to Expect:
The Money Museum is a free, walk-in and self-guided experience. Tickets are not required.
- Airport style security screening at the entrance is required for all visitors.
- Download our free app for tours and scavenger hunts. External Linkhttps://kansas.mm.yourcultureconnect.com/
Visit our Museum Policies page to learn more about general policies for visiting the Museum.
The Money Museum is located in the Crown Center District and is walking distance from the National WWI Museum and Memorial and Union Station. Money Museum guests can park for free in the visitor lot located off of Wyandotte, on the west side of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City building.
Please be prepared for delays due to construction on Main and other surrounding streets.
Accessible for All Guests:
Check out our Money Museum Accessibility Guide
We strive to offer the best experience for all our guests. Find information above about parking, entrance, screening, and additional resources.
For questions about any of our accessibility services, please contact us.
What to Bring
Valid photo I.D.
Required for guests 18+ U.S. residents: State issued ID or passport International guests: Valid passport
We love to see guests taking photos in our museum! But please...no photos of our security equipment, personnel or Cash operations.
Weapons, including pocketknives and pepper spray, are not allowed in the museum. X-ray screening and metal detection are required.
VIRTUAL EXHIBIT: Triple Play-Negro Leagues Baseball Commemorative Coins
Explore this virtual version of the Triple Play exhibit and learn about the history and legacy of Negro Leagues Baseball.
VIRTUAL EXHIBIT: Adventure Capital- A Journey Across the Globe in Currency
Explore the history, culture, and landscapes of countries around the world through their currency.
VIRTUAL EXHIBIT: Let Us Put Our Money Together-The Founding of America's First Black Banks
Explore the history and legacy of the first Black owned and operated banks in America.
LIVE EXHIBIT: The Harry S. Truman Coin Collection
Learn about the history and legacy of the Harry S. Truman Coin Collection.
LIVE EXHIBIT: The Gold Bar
Learn about the one and only gold bar housed at the Kansas City Federal Reserve on display in the Money Museum.
LIVE EXHIBIT: The History of Inflation
Learn about how inflation has increased the price of goods over time in this interactive exhibit.
LIVE EXHIBIT: Counterfeit Currency
Learn about the anti-counterfeit design features in modern currency through this interactive exhibit.
Economics and Baseball
Learn with Jay
Information For Educators
UPDATE: All March and April tours are taken. Guided tours will be offered through May.
Reserve a guided 30 to 45-minute tour of the Money Museum. Tours focus on our highlight exhibits including the Harry S. Truman Coin Collection, gold bar, and cash processing and vault viewing area while overviewing the basic functions and history of the KC Fed.
When can tours be booked for?
- Guided tours are available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
- Tours can be booked between the hours of 9:30AM to 12:00PM and 1:00PM to 2:30PM.
- You must book the tour no less than 15 business days and no more than three months prior to your tour date.
Who can request a guided tour?
- Guided tours are for educational student groups only including kindergarten through high school public and private schools, homeschool groups, colleges, scouts, and extracurricular education groups.
- The minimum number of participants is 12, and the maximum is 60. This includes chaperons.
How are tours requested?
- Please fill out the request form- PDFThe Money Museum Guided Tour Request Form
- Once completed, please email it to KCMoneyMuseum@kc.frb.org. Tours will be confirmed via email up to two weeks after submission.
What are tour expectations and accommodations?
- Students 18 years and older and all chaperones must show a valid form of government issued I.D.
- Students can be dropped off in front of the building and buses can park further down the circle drive.
- The Money Museum can provide reasonable accommodations to guests upon request. To learn more about museum accessibility and accommodation, visit our accessibility page. External LinkKansas City Money Museum Accessibility