Ag Finance Updates
These articles summarize recent developments in agricultural finance and lending.
Credit Conditions and Farmland Values on Solid Footing as Farm Economy Moderates
Agricultural credit conditions remained strong in the first quarter, but improvement slowed alongside some moderation in the...
Interest Rates Rise and Farm Lending Softens
Growth in farm lending activity at commercial banks was limited in the first quarter of 2023 as interest rates climbed higher.
Loan Performance Remains Strong as Farm Debt Grows
Farm debt at commercial banks grew further in the fourth quarter, and delinquency rates remained historically low.
Ag Credit Survey
The Kansas City Fed's quarterly Survey of Agricultural Credit Conditions provides current indicators of the financial performance
The Kansas City Fed's Agricultural Symposium explores topics of current and emerging significance to agriculture.
Research and updates from the Kansas City Fed highlighting developments in the agricultural economy.
Other Kansas City Fed Research
Review recent monetary policy, payments system and regional and community research from the Kansas City Fed.
About Ag Finance Updates: Data and Information
National Survey of Terms of Lending to Farmers: Excel SpreadsheetHistorical Data | Excel SpreadsheetTables | txtAbout the National Survey of Terms of Lending to Farmers
Commercial Bank Call Report Data: Excel SpreadsheetHistorical Data | Excel SpreadsheetTables | txtAbout the Commercial Bank Call Report Data
Federal Reserve Ag Credit Survey Data: Excel SpreadsheetHistorical Data | Excel SpreadsheetTables | txtAbout the Federal Reserve Ag Credit Surveys
The information previously reported in sections A, B and C of the Agricultural Finance Databook is now reported in a disaggregated form. Data from each of the three sources are available with each corresponding release and select variables from each of the sections (A, B and C) of the Agricultural Finance Databook have been discontinued. The current Tables and Historical Data have been discontinued and archived.
Archived data from the discontinued Ag Finance Databook: Excel SpreadsheetHistorical Data | Excel SpreadsheetTables | PDFAbout
Past Ag Finance Updates
- Credit Conditions and Farmland Values on Solid Footing as Farm Economy Moderates |
- Interest Rates Rise and Farm Lending Softens |
- Growth in Farmland Values Slows Amid Higher Interest Rates |
- Loan Performance Remains Strong as Farm Debt Grows |
- Rebound in Farm Lending Continues |
- Farm Debt Climbs but Financial Stress Remains Limited |
- Farm Loan Interest Rates Rise Sharply |
- Steady Growth in Farm Lending |
- Real Estate Lending Pushes Farm Debt Higher |
- Ag Credit Conditions Remain Strong as Risks Grow |
- Farm Lending and Interest Rates Tick Up |
- Farm Real Estate Debt Builds |