What is a guided tour of the Money Museum like?
Reserve a guided 30 to 45-minute tour of the Money Museum. Tours focus on our highlight exhibits including the Harry S. Truman Coin Collection, gold bar and cash processing and vault viewing area while overviewing the basic functions and history of the KC Fed.
When can tours be booked for?
- Guided tour reservations are available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
- Tour reservation can be booked between the hours of 9:30AM to 12:00PM and 1:00PM to 2:30PM.
- You must book the tour no less than 15 business days and no more than two months prior to your tour date.
Who can request a guided tour?
- Guided tours are for educational student groups only including kindergarten through high school public and private schools, colleges, homeschool groups, scouts, and extracurricular education groups.
- The minimum number of participants is 12, and the maximum is 60. This includes chaperons.
How are tours requested?
- Please fill out the request form- PDFThe Money Museum Guided Tour Request Form
- Once completed, please email it to KCMoneyMuseum@kc.frb.org. Tours will be confirmed via email up to a week after submission.
What are visit expectations and accommodations?
- Students 18 years and older and all chaperones must show a valid form of government issued I.D.
- Students can be dropped off in front of the building and buses can park further down the circle drive.
- The Money Museum can provide reasonable accommodations to guests upon request. To learn more about museum accessibility and accommodation, visit our accessibility page. Kansas City Money Museum Accessibility