Walk-in tours are back this summer starting May 30th.
Join a free, 30 minute guided tour of the Money Museum and explore highlights of our collection including the historic Truman Coin Collection, gold bar, cash processing and vault viewing areas. Guests of all ages are welcome to participate.
- Every Tuesday and Thursday at 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- No preregistration required and tours cannot be reserved.
Educational Student Tours
UPDATE: Student tour registration is closed. No new tour applications will be accepted until August.
Reserve a guided 30 to 45-minute tour of the Money Museum. Tours focus on our highlight exhibits including the Harry S. Truman Coin Collection, gold bar and cash processing and vault viewing area while overviewing the basic functions and history of the KC Fed.
When can tours be booked for?
- Guided tour reservations are available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
- Tour reservation can be booked between the hours of 9:30AM to 12:00PM and 1:00PM to 2:30PM.
- You must book the tour no less than 15 business days and no more than three months prior to your tour date.
Who can request a guided tour?
- Guided tours are for educational student groups only including kindergarten through high school public and private schools, colleges, homeschool groups, scouts, and extracurricular education groups.
- The minimum number of participants is 12, and the maximum is 60. This includes chaperons.
What are visit expectations and accommodations?
- Students 18 years and older and all chaperones must show a valid form of government issued I.D.
- Students can be dropped off in front of the building and buses can park further down the circle drive.
- The Money Museum can provide reasonable accommodations to guests upon request. To learn more about museum accessibility and accommodation, visit our accessibility page. Kansas City Money Museum Accessibility