Book your guided student tour today!
Reserve a guided 45-minute tour of the Money Museum. Tours focus on our highlight exhibits including the Harry S. Truman Coin Collection, gold bar, and cash processing and vault viewing area while overviewing the basic functions and history of the KC Fed.
Who can request a guided tour?
- Guided tours are for educational student groups only including kindergarten through high school public and private schools, homeschool groups, colleges, scouts, and extracurricular education groups.
- The minimum number of participants is 12, and the maximum is 60. This includes chaperones.
When can guided tours be booked for?
- Guided tours are available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
- Tours can be booked between the hours of 9:30a.m. to 12:00p.m. and 1:00p.m. to 2:30p.m.
- You must book the tour no less than 15 business days prior to your tour.
How are guided tours requested?
- Please fill out the request form. Note: External Linkthe form is optimized for desktop use.
Can student groups come for a self-guided visit?
- Yes! Due to capacity limitations, we ask that all student groups notify the museum in advance of their self-guided visit. Self-guided visits are available anytime during our open hours and do not require registering for a guided tour.
- To notify the museum of your self-guided visit, please contact the Money Museum by email at KCMoneyMuseum@kc.frb.org or by phone at (816) 881-268.
What tour accommodations are available?
- The Money Museum can provide reasonable accommodations to guests upon request. To learn more about museum accessibility and accommodation, visit our accessibility page.
- Please contact the Money Museum by email at KCMoneyMuseum@kc.frb.org or by phone at (816) 881-2683.