We support the Federal Reserve's roles in:
- Monetary policy, including reporting on local and state-wide economic conditions
- Bank supervision and regulation of Nebraska financial institutions
- Financial services including work for the U.S. Treasury
We work to understand the region's economy and serve as a resource to Nebraska businesses and communities. Our staff:
- Provide insight and analysis on Nebraska's economy.
- Lead research on the agricultural economy for the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City and the Federal Reserve System.
- Build relationships, coordinate public outreach, and promote economic and financial education and greater knowledge of the Federal Reserve.
- Support community economic growth among low and moderate income and disadvantaged communities through research, resources and relationships with with economic developers and small business owners.
- Promote a safe, stable and competitive banking system through the supervision and regulation of financial institutions while also providing proactive outreach to state member banks and bank holding companies.
- Host Economic Forums and speak to groups across the state to provide insights on the regional and national economy.
- Meet with community and business leaders to learn about local economic conditions and gather diverse perspectives on the economy.
- Offer the Student Board of Directors program for high school students in Omaha Public Schools to help increase their understand of economic, financial and career topics.
- Provide high-quality operational and support services to the U.S. Treasury.
Download our PDFOmaha Branch fact sheet.
Omaha Branch Board of Directors
Each Branch of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City has its own seven-member Board of Directors. The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City appoints four of these directors, while the Board of Governors in Washington, D.C. appoints the other three directors. Branch directors serve three-year terms and provide Omaha Branch Executive Nate Kauffman with insight on regional economic conditions as well as advice and counsel.
Current Omaha Branch Board of Directors
L. Javier Fernandez, Chair of the Branch Board
President and Chief Executive Officer, Omaha Public Power District, Omaha, Nebraska
Chief Operating Officer, Ho-Chunk, Inc., Winnebago, Nebraska
President, Platte Valley Bank, Scottsbluff, Nebraska
Chief Executive Officer, Scoular, Omaha, Nebraska
Susan L. Martin
President and Secretary-Treasurer, Nebraska State AFL-CIO, Lincoln, Nebraska
Dwayne W. Sieck
Managing Principal, Farnam Street Real Estate Capital, Omaha, Nebraska
Owner, President and CEO, North End Teleservices, LLC Omaha, Nebraska
Omaha Branch Contacts
Omaha Branch Executive
Nate Kauffman, Vice President and Economist
Public Affairs, Government and Media Relations and Speech Requests
Erin Redemske, Director of Public Affairs
Economic and Financial Education
Nicole Downs, Public Affairs Specialist
Dell Gines, Senior Community Development Advisor