After I graduated from Carleton College with a BA in mathematics and economics, I was excited to join the research team at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City. I am currently working with External LinkJosé Mustre-del-Río and External LinkAndy Glover on various research projects. In addition to helping these economists with their research, I prepare policy materials, draft press releases for the Kansas City Fed’s LMCI, and give presentations on the economy and the Federal Reserve System to school and community groups. I really appreciate the variety of work in this job and the flexibility given to RAs to explore our interests.
Economic Review Articles
- Glover, Andrew, José Mustre-del-Río, and Emily Pollard. 2022. "External LinkLifetime Earnings Differences across Black and White Individuals: Years Worked Matter." Vol. 108, no. 1.
- Mustre-del-Río, José, and Emily Pollard. 2019. “External LinkExternal LinkWhat Explains Lifetime Earnings Differences Across Individuals?” First Quarter 2019.
- Bundick, Brent, and Emily Pollard. 2019. “External LinkExternal LinkThe Rise and Fall of College Tuition Inflation.” First Quarter 2019.
- Dilts Stedman, Karlye, and Emily Pollard, 2023. "External LinkWhy Has Monetary Policy Tightening Not Cooled the Labor Market Enough to Quell Inflation?"
- Mustre-del-Río, José, and Emily Pollard. 2023. "External LinkThe KC Fed LMCI Momentum Indicator Suggests Monetary Policy Is Beginning to Weigh on Labor Markets."
- Çakır Melek, Nida, and Emily Pollard. 2022. "External LinkNegative Sentiment toward Spending and Declining Real Incomes May Meaningfully Lower Consumption."
- Glover, Andrew, José Mustre-del-Río, and Emily Pollard. 2021. " External LinkKC Fed LMCI Suggests that Recent Inflation Is Not Due to the Tight Labor Market."
- Glover, Andrew, José Mustre-del-Río, and Emily Pollard. 2021. "External LinkKC Fed LMCI Implies the Labor Market Is Closer to a Full Recovery than the Unemployment Rate Alone Suggests."
- Glover, Andrew, and Emily Pollard. 2020. “External LinkExternal LinkInflation Expectations Limit the Power of Negative Interest Rates.”
- Mustre-del-Río, José, and Emily Pollard. 2019. “External LinkExternal LinkAs Manufacturing Weakens, Consumers Pull Back.”
- Mustre-del-Río, José, and Emily Pollard. 2018. “External LinkExternal LinkNominal Wage Rigidities and the Future Path of Wage Growth.”
- Bundick, Brent, Trenton Herriford, Emily Pollard, and Andrew Lee Smith. 2017. “External LinkExternal LinkDoes the Recent Decline in Household Longer-Term Inflation Expectations Signal a Loss of Confidence in the FOMC?”
- Pollard, Emily. 2019. “External LinkExternal LinkA New Approach to Industry and Occupation Recoding in the CPS.” TB 19-02.