The Bank will be known as an inclusive organization where diversity is respected and leveraged to effectively serve our region, the Federal Reserve System and the Treasury. Our words, actions and culture promote a workplace of inclusion and belonging where all employees have the same opportunity to contribute and succeed.
Valuing diversity and teamwork helps the Kansas City Fed achieve its goals by offering creative and cost effective solutions. Being part of a diverse team empowers and engages employees to achieve Bank goals and reflect Bank values. Read our president's commitment to diversity.
Employee-led Diversity Teams
To achieve and cultivate a diverse workforce, an inclusive culture requires guidance and support from employees throughout the Bank. In addition to the Bank’s senior leadership, the following provides an overview of employee-led teams focused on advancing diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- The Diversity Strategy Steering Council is responsible for providing the necessary leadership, guidance, and resources to ensure diversity and inclusion efforts are well supported and the Bank’s strategies are achieved.
- The Employee Diversity Committee supports the Bank’s Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and promotes an inclusive work environment by recognizing the diversity of the Bank’s workforce and reinforcing employee awareness of key diversity and inclusion issues.
- The Minorities in Technology Taskforce fosters an inclusive culture in technology and innovation and empowers employees to bring different perspectives and diversity of thought to build products and solutions that serve everyone.
- The Minority Members of Management Mentoring Group focuses on developing, retaining and empowering current and aspiring minority people leaders.
- The Women in Technology Community of Practice focuses on empowering current and aspiring women technologists at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City through mentoring, knowledge sharing, community outreach, and leadership opportunities.
Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and Reports
Read the Kansas City Fed's Diversity Strategy.
The Bank's 2019 Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion report summarizes the Bank's efforts to promote diversity and inclusion in its employment, procurement, and partnerships.
Learn more about section 342 requirements of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010.
Our Community Development professionals leverage research, resources, programs and partnerships to address a variety of community and economic development challenges faced by low- and moderate-income individuals and communities and underserved small businesses.
The Kansas City Fed believes diversity strengthens our organization and enriches our community. We encourage the participation of small and minority- and women-owned companies in our procurement process. In our effort to obtain competitive, high-quality goods and services, we utilize a variety of means to identify and maintain a diverse group of potential suppliers, with the goal of including these businesses in appropriate solicitation opportunities.
The Bank recognizes the need for strong community partnerships to accomplish its diversity and inclusion strategy. These mutually beneficial relationships assist the Bank in providing unique programs and initiatives that enhance awareness of the Bank’s mission while promoting cultural awareness; providing high-quality professional development and networking; and supporting diverse talent and supplier sourcing. Current community partners include:
- Asian American Chamber of Commerce, Kansas City
- Black Achievers Society of Greater Kansas City
- Colorado Black Chamber of Commerce
- Colorado Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Disability:IN of Greater Kansas City
- Greater Oklahoma City Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Greater Kansas City
- Kansas City Diversity & Inclusion Consortium
- Mid America LGBT Chamber of Commerce
- Mountain Plains Minority Supplier Development Council
- Urban Financial Services Coalition-Greater Kansas City
- Urban League of Greater Kansas City
Office of Diversity and Inclusion Team
* The Bank's Office of Minority Women and Inclusion (OMWI) Team is responsible for oversight of the diversity and inclusion strategy and related practices.