Peter McAdam is a Senior Research and Policy Advisor in the Economic Research Department of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City. Previously, Mr. McAdam worked at the research department at the European Central Bank. His main areas of interest are in applied macroeconomics, growth theory and econometrics. He holds a M.Sc in economics and econometrics from the University of Glasgow, and a Ph.D. in economics from the University of Strathclyde.
Professional Journals and Books
- “Identifying the aggregate elasticity of substitution with biased technical change”, American Economic Review 100, 4, 1330-1357, 2010. With León-Ledesma and Willman.
- “Dealing with Endogeneity In Threshold Models using Copulas: An Illustration to the Foreign Trade Multiplier”, Journal of Business and Economic Statistics, 39, 1, 166-178, 2021. With Christopoulos and Tzavalis
- “The Role of Factor Substitution and Technical Progress in China's Great Expansion”, European Economic Review 141, 1-22, 2022. With Manu and Willman.
- “Euro Area Real-Time Density Forecasting with Financial or Labor Market Frictions", International Journal of Forecasting, 35, 2, 580-600, 2019. With Warne.
- “Factor Substitution and Factor Augmenting Technical Progress in the US: A Normalized Supply-Side System Approach”, Review of Economics and Statistics, 89, 1, 183-192, 2007. With Klump and Willman.
- “Shocking Stuff: Technology, Hours and Factor Augmentation”, Journal of the European Economic Association, 12, 1, 108-128, 2014. With Cantore, León-Ledesma and Willman.
- “On the Persistence of Cross-Country Inequality Measures”, Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 49, 1, 255-266, 2017. With Christopoulos.
- “Quantifying and Sustaining Welfare Gains from Monetary Commitment”, Journal of Monetary Economics, 32, 8, 2543-2583, 2008. With Levine and Pearlman.
- “The normalized CES production function: Theory and empirics”, Journal of Economic Surveys, 26, 5, 769-799, 2012. With Klump and Willman.
- “Anticipation of Future Consumption: A Monetary Perspective”, Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 45, 2-3, 423-447, 2013. With Faria.
- “Probability Models and Robust Policy Rules”, European Economic Review, 56, 2, 246-262, 2012. With Levine and Pearlman.
- “Technology, Utilization and Inflation: What Drives the New Keynesian Phillips Curve?”, Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 45, 8, 1547-1579, 2013. With Willman.
- “Tax Reform and Labour-Market Performance: A Simulation-Based Analysis Using the New Area-Wide Model”, Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, 32, 8, 2543-2583, 2008. With Coenen and Straub
Economic Review Articles
- Do the Effects of Interest Rate Changes Depend on Inflation? with Dimitris Christopoulos and Elias Tzavalis, Vol. 108, no. 4
Research Working Papers
- Evaluating Local Language Models: An Application to Bank Earnings Calls
with Thomas R. Cook, Sophia Kazinnik and Anne Lundgaard Hansen, RWP 23-12
- Threshold Endogeneity in Threshold VARS: An Application to Monetary State Dependence
with Dimitris Christopoulos and Elias Tzavalis, RWP 23-09
- R&D Capital and the Idea Production Function
with Jakub Growiec and Jakub Mućk, RWP 23-05
- Janus’s Money Demand and Time Inconsistency: A New Impossibility Theorem?
with João Ricardo, RWP 23-04