Doing business with the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
The Kansas City Fed procures goods and services to meet a wide range of needs throughout our organization. We encourage the participation of small and minority- and women-owned companies in our procurement process. To obtain competitive, high-quality goods and services, we utilize a variety of means to identify and maintain a diverse group of potential suppliers. Our goal is to include these businesses in appropriate solicitation opportunities.
The Kansas City Fed serves the Federal Reserve’s Tenth District, which includes Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Wyoming, western Missouri and northern New Mexico. Our headquarters is at 1 Memorial Drive in Kansas City, Missouri. We also have Branch offices in Denver, Colorado, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma and Omaha, Nebraska. While some goods and services are locally sourced, others are sourced nationally on behalf of the Federal Reserve System.
Unlike many federal organizations, the Kansas City Fed is not subject to the Federal Acquisition Regulation. Our specific procurement guidelines offer a streamlined process for suppliers to do business with us.
How to become a supplier
- Review our examples of purchases below.
- If the types of goods or services your company provides are a fit for the Kansas City Fed, you can create a profile on the Ariba Discovery Network using the registration instructions below.
- Our Procurement team will utilize profiles on the Ariba Discovery Network to invite prospective suppliers to submit quotes or proposals in response to opportunities.
Examples of Bank purchases
- Architectural and Engineering Services
- Building and Equipment Maintenance
- Construction Services
- Lawn and Landscaping
- Printing Services
- Professional Staffing Services
- Uniform Cleaning
- Waste Management
The Kansas City Fed uses Ariba as our standard Procurement sourcing and contract management application. Creating a profile on the Ariba Discovery Network is free; you can establish one by External Linkclicking here.
If you have questions about establishing your company profile, External LinkAriba support can help, or if you have questions about our overall program, please contact us at Procurement@kc.frb.org.
Visit the Supplier Diversity page to learn more about the Kansas City Fed’s Supplier Diversity and Small Business Programs.