In recognition of black history month, join us as we explore the growth of Black banks in the South and Midwest during the late 19th and 20th centuries. Kansas City Fed historian and executive writer, Tim Todd, will walk us through how these banks played a crucial role in establishing both economic opportunity and social equity in their communities.
Watch a recording of the webinar here
View slides from the presentation PDFhere.
Banking and the Economy Webinar series
This quarterly professional development webinar series provides engaging content and discussions related to banking, the economy, leadership and diversity and inclusion.
- Supporting Small Businesses of Color (December 2021)
- External LinkThe Uneven Impacts of the Pandemic on Women (June 2021)
- External LinkExploring the Possibilities of a Central Bank Digital Currency (March 2021)
- A Great Moral and Social Force – The history of Black community banks and their roles in the building stronger communities
- Let Us Put Our Money Together: The Founding of America’s First Black Banks
- Review other historical publications from the Kansas City Fed