Brett D. Currier is the Digital Scholarship Librarian and the Library Manager in Research Support Services (RSS) at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City. He joined the Bank in July 2016 from the University of Texas at Arlington. He holds a BA in English from Kansas State University and an MS in Library Science and a JD, both from the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill. His research focuses on supporting digital scholarship.
Professional Journals and Books
- Currier, B.D., Mirza, R., and J. Downing. (2017). Developing the Project Planning Mindset for the Digital Humanities. College & Undergraduate Libraries 24:2-4. (doi:10.1080/10691316.2017.1347541).
- Currier, B. D., Gilliland, A., & Hansen, D. R. (2016). Copyright and Digitization and Preservation of State Government Documents: A Detailed Analysis. Journal of Copyright in Education & Librarianship, 1(1). (doi:10.17161/jcel.v1i1.5915).
Research Working Papers
- Safeguarding Research: A Review of Economics Journals’ Preservation Policies for Published Code and Data Files
with Courtney R. Butler and Kira M. Lillard, RWP 21-14 | External LinkData File
- Currier, B.D., Kim, B., Edwards, C., and C. R. Butler. (2017). Research Data Preservation Beyond Data Sharing and Open Science. [Presentation]. 2017 DLF Forum. October 23 – 25, 2017. Pittsburgh, PA.
- Currier, B.D. (2017). Developing Repositories in Central Banks: The Intersection of Copyright and Open Access. [Presentation] 5th Central Bank and International Financial Institution Librarians Workshop. October 11-12, 2017. Bank of Canada, Ottawa, Canada.
- Butler, C. R. & B.D. Currier. (2017). You can’t replicate what you can’t find: data preservation policies in economic journals. [Presentation]. IASSIST 2017. May 23-26, 2017. University of Kansas: Lawrence, KS.
- Currier, B.D., Mirza, R., & Ossom-Williamson, P. (2016). Introduction to Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs). [Workshop]. 2016 DLF Forum. November 6-9, 2016. Milwaukee, WI.
- Currier, B.D., Gilliland, A., & Hansen, D.R. (2015). Copyright and the Digitization of State Government Documents: A Preliminary Analysis. [Conference Paper and Presentation] iPres 2015: International Conference on Digital Preservation. November 2-6, 2015. University of North Carolina of Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC. Available at External Linkhttps://phaidra.univie.ac.at/detail_object/o:429537 and External Linkhttps://uta-ir.tdl.org/uta-ir/handle/10106/25615