Omaha Branch Focus
Staff at the Kansas City Fed’s Omaha Branch:
- Provide insights and analysis on Nebraska’s economy.
- Lead agricultural research for the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City and the Federal Reserve System.
- Work with Nebraska educators and, students, as well as the public, to promote economic and financial education and increase understanding of the Federal Reserve.
- Support community economic growth through research and resources for bankers, economic developers and small business owners.
- Promote a safe, stable and competitive banking system through the supervision and regulation of financial institutions while also providing proactive outreach to state member banks and bank holding companies.
- Meet with and speak to community and business organizations about economic conditions in the state and gather information and insights about diverse perspectives on the economy.
The Board of Directors from Kansas City, Denver, Oklahoma City and Omaha gathered for a Joint Board Meeting in Omaha, Nebraska, September 9, 2015. The two-day meeting featured a tour of the Union Pacific Harriman Dispatch Center.
Omaha Branch employees visited Conestoga Elementary Magnet School in Omaha to read books and lead activities centered on savings as part of Teach Children to Save Day.
Omaha Branch Executive Nathan Kauffman speaks to business and community leaders as part of an Economic Forum in Gering.
The Omaha Branch Student Board of Directors toured Gavilon’s headquarters in downtown Omaha to learn about potential future careers.
Fourteen high school students from Omaha Public Schools were recognized for completing the 2014-2015 Omaha Branch Student Board of Directors program.
Nathan Kauffman, Omaha Branch executive, shares insights on the Nebraska economy with business and community leaders in Lincoln.
Omaha Branch staff helped students from Omaha Bryan High School learn about budgeting.
The Omaha Branch Board of Directors along with Bank President Esther George and other Bank staff toured Heartland Cattle Company outside of McCook.