Omaha Branch News
About the Omaha Branch
The 2015-2016 Omaha Branch Student Board of Directors included juniors and seniors from Central, South and Bryan High Schools in Omaha.
Community Development Advisor Dell Gines spoke on the importance of youth entrepreneurship education at the Nebraska Entrepreneur Educator Workshop on April 15.
Omaha Branch employees visited Conestoga Elementary Magnet School in Omaha to read books and lead activities centered on savings as part of Teach Children to Save Day.
Bank President Esther George spoke to approximately 170 business, banking and community leaders on the economic outlook and monetary policy on April 7 in York, Nebraska.
The Omaha Board of Directors, Omaha Branch Executive Nathan Kauffman, and Bank President Esther George toured Monsanto's operations in Waco, Nebraska on April 7.
Nathan Kauffman, Omaha Branch Executive provided an update on Nebraska's economy during an economic forum in York, Nebraska on April 7.
On March 31, Omaha Branch Student Board Members learned about our Regional Economy from Economist Courtney Cowley.
On Feb. 19, more than 80 students from Omaha high schools participated in an interactive budgeting simulation at the Omaha Branch.
The 2015-2016 Omaha Branch Student Board of Directors toured Film Streams in downtown Omaha to learn about non-profit entrepreneurship.
Vice President and Economist Jon Willis provides an update on the U.S. economy and monetary policy at the Kearney Economic Forum, which took place on the campus of the Unviersity of Nebraska at Kearney.
The Board of Directors from Kansas City, Denver, Oklahoma City and Omaha gathered for a Joint Board Meeting in Omaha, Nebraska, September 9, 2015. The 2-day meeting featured a tour of the Union Pacific Harriman Dispatch Center.
Nebraska Economic Forums
Economic Forums are an opportunity for the Kansas City Fed to share insights on the economy and also learn about local economic issues in our region. They include presentations from the Kansas City Fed on key regional economic issues and national trends, as well as an update on monetary policy objectives and concerns. There is not cost to attend, but registration is required.
Presentations from Nebraska Economic Forums
The Outlook and Monetary Policy
by Esther George
April 7, 2016 | York, NE
Nebraska Economic Outlook
by Nathan Kauffman
April 7, 2016
U.S. Economic Outlook and Monetary Policy
by Jonathan Willis
Nov. 12, 2015 | Kearney, NE
Regional Economic Update
by Nathan Kauffman
May 12, 2015 | South Sioux City, NE
Nebraska Economic Update
by Nathan Kauffman
March 26, 2015 | Lincoln, NE
Staff at the Kansas City Fed's Omaha Branch:
- Provide insight and analysis on Nebraska's economy.
- Lead research on the agricultural economy for the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City and the Federal Reserve System.
- Work with Nebraska educators, students and the public to promote economic and financial education and increase understanding of the Federal Reserve.
- Support community economic growth among low and moderate income and disadvantaged communities through research, resources and relationships with stakeholders in the areas of housing, workforce, small business development and community investments.
- Promote a safe, stable and competitive banking system through the supervision and regulation of financial institutions while also providing proactive outreach to state member banks and bank holding companies.
- Host Economic Forums and speak to groups across the state to provide insights on the regional and national economy.
- Meet with community and business leaders to learn about local economic conditions and gather diverse perspectives on the economy.