Oklahoma City Branch News
The fourth quarter issue of the Energy Survey revealed an acceleration in Tenth District energy activity. Survey results reveal changes in several indicators of energy activity, including drilling, capital spending and employment.
Educators were invited to Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen’s first town hall for teachers held in conjunction with the annual Oklahoma City Branch Evening at the Fed. The event included remarks and a Q & A session with Chair Yellen via video conference followed by an economic update by Oklahoma City Branch Executive Chad Wilkerson.
Staff at the Kansas City Fed's Oklahoma City Branch:
- Provide insights and analysis on Oklahoma’s economy.
- Lead energy research and business surveys for the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Work with Oklahoma educators, students and the public to promote economic and financial education to increase understanding of the Federal Reserve.
- Support community economic growth through research and resources for bankers, economic developers, non-profits and small business owners.
- Partner with Oklahoma Council on Economic Education and the Oklahoma Jump$tart Coalition to provide programs focused on economic education and personal finance for students, educators and the low- and moderate-income community.
- Meet with and speak to community and business organizations about economic conditions in the state and gather information and insights about diverse perspectives on the economy.
- Promote a safe, stable and competitive banking system through the supervision and regulation of financial institutions.