Federal Government Resources
- External LinkFEMA: Plan, Prepare Mitigate and External LinkFEMA: Help After Disaster
Find publications, workshops, and training courses to help protect your home before, during, and after a disastrous event.
- External LinkReady: Prepare, Plan, Stay Informed
Get step-by-step help to create a plan, build and maintain a disaster kit, and understand the risks of different disasters.
- External LinkBenefits.gov: Your Path to Government Benefits
Browse the disaster relief benefits page to see what government assistance exists for before and after a crisis.
- External LinkIRS: Disaster Assistance and Emergency Relief for Individuals
Find disaster resource guides from the IRS to make sure your tax documents are secure and recovered.
- External LinkCenters for Disease Control and Prevention: Emergency Preparedness and Response
Get primary source information and resources to prepare for and respond to public health emergencies.
- External LinkConsumer Financial Protection Bureau: Post-Disaster Checklist
This post-disaster checklist will guide you through the type of financial decisions that need to be made after a disaster.
- External LinkConsumer Financial Protection Bureau: Protect and Rebuild
Learn how to protect and rebuild your finances after a disaster.
Consumer Resources in the Tenth District
- External LinkColorado United: Get Help
Get help after a disaster with resources from local, state, federal and volunteer organizations in Colorado.
- External LinkColorado Division of Homeland Security
Learn how to develop an emergency plan kit to help you prepare for a disaster.
- External LinkKansas Ready: Emergency Planning and Preparedness
Discover how you can take action to prepare for a disaster.
- External LinkUniversity of Missouri Extension: Emergency Management
Get local events and state-specific disaster resources for Missouri residents.
- External LinkNebraska Emergency Management Agency
Find helpful links and news about disaster preparedness in Nebraska.
- External LinkNebraska Department of Health and Human Services: Emergency Preparedness
Get support for your preparedness plan before, during, and after a disaster.
- External LinkCreighton University and University of Nebraska: The Center for Preparedness Education
Find webinars and needs-based training on preparedness in Nebraska.
- External LinkNebraska Society for Respiratory Care: Disaster Preparedness
Find articles about the prevention of disasters and flu pandemics in Nebraska.
- External LinkNew Mexico Department of Homeland Security and Emergency Management
Find information on disaster preparedness in New Mexico.
- External LinkNew Mexico Department of Health: Family Preparedness Guide
Use this guide to help you develop your own preparedness plan.
- External LinkOklahoma Strong: Preparedness
Find disaster recovery guides and other preparedness resources for Oklahoma residents.
- Wyoming Homeland Security
Get local disaster information from the Wyoming Homeland Security.
Guides, Supplies and Resources
- External LinkReady: Kids, Parents, and Educators
Learn how to prepare for and respond to emergencies and disasters.
- External LinkOperation Hope: Emergency Financial First Aid Kit
Identify and organize key financial records to serve as a quick reference file for your most important financial documents.
- External LinkOperation Hope: Personal Disaster Preparedness Guide
All-in-one information packet for first responders includes worksheets for family contact information, medical conditions, employment information, local emergency phone numbers action plans.
- External LinkRed Cross
These resources help you make a plan and identify what supplies you need to be Red Cross Ready.
- External LinkSenior Living
Disaster preparedness resources for seniors
- External LinkInternational Association of Fire Chiefs: Ready, Set, Go
Find resources on how to prevent wildfires in your area.
- American Veterinary Medical Association: Disaster Preparedness for Veterinarians
Get reference guides and find written materials, podcasts and other resources to assist veterinarians with disaster preparedness
- PDFInfographic from Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City - Are you financially prepared for a disaster? A one page infographic for disaster preparedness.