The Discount Window is a source of temporary funding available to depository institutions regardless of whether they are a member or have a Federal Reserve account.
Learn About Federal Reserve Lending Programs
- External LinkTypes of Federal Reserve Credit
- External LinkMechanics of Borrowing
- External LinkRegulation A, Extensions of Credit by Federal Reserve Banks
- External LinkOperating Circular #10, Lending
- External LinkDownloadable Lending Agreements
- External LinkInterest Rate Information
Use Primary Credit for Short-Term Borrowing
Use Seasonal Credit for Long-Term Borrowing
The Seasonal Lending Program is designed to assist smaller institutions in meeting funding needs that are generally caused by cyclical fluctuations in loan demand or deposit declines. The Seasonal Lending Program brochure highlights qualification and program requirements, interest rates, and contact information.
- External LinkGeneral Information
- Word DocumentData Collection Form
- Word DocumentProgram Application Form
Test Your Access
Institutions are encouraged to periodically test their ability to borrow at the Discount Window to ensure there are no complications. If your institution already has the Discount Window in your plans, you can easily complete a test by calling the Credit Risk Management Department at 1-800-333-2987 and requesting a small, one-day loan.