Resources for Employees
The fact sheets below are designed for employees to learn more about their paychecks and how to get the most from them.
- Understanding Your Paycheck: PDFEnglish
- Managing Your Paycheck: Withholdings: PDFEnglish
- Managing Your Paycheck: Deductions: PDFEnglish
- Getting Your Paycheck: Direct Deposit, Check or Payroll Card: PDFEnglish
- Expanding Your Paycheck: Benefits and Services to Consider: PDFEnglish
- Ten Actions to Get More from Your Paycheck: PDFEnglish
Resources for Employers
The resources below are designed to assist employers in providing information on how their employees can better understand and manage their paychecks. The Kansas City Fed’s PDFresearch has shown that financial education provided by employers can have a positive impact on productivity and work outcomes.
- It Pays to Understand Your Paycheck
- Expanding Your Paycheck: Benefits and Services to Consider
Resources for Educators
The resources below can be used with high school students and young adults to help them understand and manage their paychecks and income. Teachers can use the resources for employees as reading materials and use the lessons below to reinforce understanding.
- PDFComplete Activities Guide and Materials
- PDFUnderstanding Your Paycheck Activities Guide
- PDFGetting Your Paycheck: Direct Deposit, Check or Payroll Card Activities Guide
- Paycheck Checkup: PDFPowerPoint | PDF
- External LinkIt's Your Paycheck! Earning and Managing Your Money
This personal finance curriculum, designed for high school classrooms, provides tools and handouts for training use.
- External LinkIRS Withholding Calculator
Use this calculator to see how changes to your W-4 can affect your take-home pay.
- External LinkFederal Benefits Screener
Identify which federal benefits you may be eligible for using this interactive form.
For additional information, contact Steven Shepelwich, Senior Community Development Advisor, at 405-270-8675.