As a part of the nation’s central bank, the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City supports a strong and stable financial system. We work across diverse communities throughout our region and nation to foster confidence in our economy, the payments system and financial institutions for people from all walks of life.
We are better, together
As a public/private partnership, we understand that our interconnectedness makes us strong.
- Together, we serve the public and each other in an innovative environment that values the highest ethical standards. Here you’ll find support and guidance to grow and develop, united in a clear and common purpose with a diverse team.
- We’re united in a higher purpose, bringing together people who are committed to excellence in everything they do.
- You’ll find us solving complex problems, supporting and challenging one another, stepping away from our desks to connect, and taking time to celebrate wins big and small.
We have life/work flow
The Bank encourages you to explore your interests and enjoy life inside and outside work. There are many opportunities for you to get involved in activities, groups and clubs at the Bank.
- The Employees’ Club provides discounted tickets to sporting and seasonal events for $15 annual membership fee.
- You can also volunteer and help improve the quality of life in our communities through our Community Involvement Program.
- Our programs, employee-led resource groups and events are open to all, including our own chapter of Toastmasters, Fed Masters, Communities of Practice, sustainability teams, and more.
- There’s flexibility and support, with vacation and time off policies to help you stay balanced.
We help you grow
Your expertise makes us better, so we help guide you through your career journey with clear goals and pathways to gain experiences you’ll use your entire career.
- There’s a visible investment in continuous learning here, whether you are brand new to the Bank or a well-seasoned expert.
- Targeted rotations allow many employees to test out different areas of our organization, rounding out your experience and our results.
- You’ll find employees who’ve spent long, satisfying careers here, including leaders cultivated from the ground up.
We include you
Springing from a bedrock of steadfast trust and respect, our people feel comfortable bringing their whole selves to work and are empowered to reach their full potential.
- There’s a sense of belonging here that you can feel and a meaningful commitment to cultivating diverse and inclusive perspectives and people.
- We treat each other with respect, welcome candid conversations and embrace a broad range of experiences and viewpoints.
- Diverse employee-led groups help us recognize and appreciate similarities and differences, so that we can all bring our best to work.
- We’re better at fulfilling our mission when our employees reflect the diversity of our region.