The following resources may be helpful for member banks.
Supervisory Guidance and Examination Manuals
Other Applicable Supervisory Guidance
The Board of Governors (Board) is reviewing Office of Thrift Supervision (OTS) guidance and it has found that much of the OTS guidance is similar to Board issued guidance or was issued on an interagency basis. As noted in External LinkSR 11-11/CA 11-5, the Board intends to publish more detailed information about the application of Board supervisory guidance to SLHCs at a later date. The principles that will be used to supervise SLHCs during the first supervisory cycle are largely set forth in:
Federal Reserve Bank Holding Company Supervision Manual:
- External LinkSection 2010 (supervision of subsidiaries)
- External LinkSection 2020 (intercompany transactions)
- External LinkSection 4010 (parent company financial factors)
- External LinkSection 4060 (consolidated earnings)
- External LinkSection 4070 (BHC rating system)External LinkSection 5000 (BHC inspection program)
Policy Statements/Notices of Intent/Proposals
Computer-based training modules applicable to various areas of banking and banking regulation are available. Specific modules of interest to SLHC directors and management include:
The External LinkFederal Reserve Regulatory Service contains all Board regulations plus related statuses, interpretations, policy statements, rulings and staff opinions. Available as a four-volume loose-leaf set or on CD-ROM. For those with specialized interests, the four parts of this service are published separately as handbooks.