Regulatory Update Seminar - Denver
About this event
This annual event continues to be an important forum for Supervision and Risk Management Division representatives to communicate current regulatory topics and perspectives, and to hear from bankers regarding the challenges they face. We will be conducting the program in several locations throughout our region beginning April 4, 2017. Invitations will be emailed at the end of January.
The seminar will include topics covering the economy, current banking conditions, and executive highlights of safety and soundness and consumer compliance regulatory guidance. Bankers will find the information useful in planning their institution’s long-term success.
Who should attend?Presidents, chief executive officers, directors and senior staff of Tenth District state member banks and holding companies would benefit from this seminar.
|April 27, 2017||8:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.||
Continuing Professional Education
By attending this seminar, you can earn 2.5 CPE credits for which no prerequisites are required.
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge and Applications
Program Level: Update
Delivery Method: Group Live
- Provide insight into current banking conditions in the Tenth District;
- Enhance banker understanding of our examination process and focus by engaging in a two-way dialogue regarding lessons learned;
- Address current hot topics that might be expected in upcoming safety and soundness and consumer compliance examinations.
For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints and program cancellations, please contact Lisa Aquino at (800) 333-1010, ext. 8812491.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
2017 Regulatory Update SeminarApril 27
- 8:30 - 9 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 9 a.m. Welcome and Introductory Remarks
- Economic Update Designated speakers will present an overview of current economic conditions in the region.
- Consumer Compliance Hot Topics Topics of discussion will include regulatory changes, areas of emerging risk, and the importance of monitoring data in understanding your institution’s compliance risk.
- Hot Topics in Bank Supervision - Regulatory Panel Discussion NEW this year – The safety and soundness session will include a regulatory panel discussion including the local State Banking Commissioner, Reserve Bank Regional Assistant Vice President, and a Reserve Bank Consumer Compliance Officer. The session will be moderated by Reserve Bank Vice President Jim Hunter. Panelists will take your questions directly from the floor as well as address frequently asked questions regarding information technology and cybersecurity, the upcoming Current Expected Credit Loss Methodology for determining allowance for loan and lease loss adequacy, concentration risk, financial technology, and regulatory relief efforts.
- Supplemental Information
- Questions, Answers, and Closing Remarks
- 12 p.m. Lunch