Community Development Lending Objectives with CDFI
About this event
Interested in identifying new lending opportunities that may also be eligible for CRA credit?
Join us November 14 to learn how innovative partnerships between banks, foundations and Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) are empowering economically distressed communities.
This half-day forum will:
- Provide an overview of CDFIs
- Outline permissible activities for bank investment in CDFIs through the Community Reinvestment Act
- Provide innovative examples of bank and philanthropic CDFI partnerships in other communities
- Explain the unique role of philanthropy and government in supporting CDFIs
- Highlight the current CDFI landscape and opportunity in the Greater Kansas City region
Confirmed speakers and panelists include:
- Keynote speaker: Annie Donovan, Director, CDFI Fund, U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Panelist: William Carson, Vice President/Director, US Bank Community Development Corportion
- Panelist: Bill Dana, President/CEO, Central Bank of Kansas City
- Panelist: Joe Evans, Portfolio Manager, Kresge Foundation
- Panelist: Deborah Kasemeyer, Senior Vice President and Director of Community Development and Investment, Northern Trust Corporation
- Panelist: Dan Letendre, Senior Vice President, CDFI Lending & Investing, Bank of America
- Panelist: Stephen Samuels, Executive Director, Greater Kansas City LISC
Who should attend?Bank CEOs, decision-making or senior lenders, CRA officers, foundation and philanthropy staff with an interest in community development
|November 14, 2017||8 - 11:30 a.m.||
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
1 Memorial Drive, Kansas City, MO 64198
Registration is now closed.
Networking and breakfast: 8 - 8:45 a.m.
Program: 8:45 - 11:30 a.m.
Registration Deadline: November 7, 2017