Terri R. Bradford
Terri R. Bradford is a Specialist in the Payments System function of the Economic Research Department at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City. Among her responsibilities are monitoring and analyzing global payments system developments, authoring articles for the Payments System Research Briefing, a Tenth District publication, and making presentations to internal and external audiences, especially related to emerging payments instruments. Ms. Bradford joined the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City in 1989. Prior to joining the Payments System Research Department in 2000, she held various positions in the Retail Payments, Payments System Support, Saving Bonds, and Automation Departments of the Bank. Ms. Bradford received her B.S. degree in business from Kansas State University.
Trends in Payments Systems Mechanisms (03/27/2008)
Economic Review Articles
- "Mobile Payments: Merchants' Perspectives"
with Fumiko Hayashi, Second Quarter 2014
- "New Person-to-Person Payment Methods: Have Checks Met Their Match?"
with William R. Keeton, Third Quarter 2012
- "Banks Re-enter the P2P Payments Fray: With Mobile, Will this Time Be Different?"
PSR Briefing, January 2017
- "The Puzzle of Payments Security: Fitting the Pieces Together to Protect the Retail Payments System"
PSR Briefing, October 2015
- "Change is Coming: What the EMV Migration May Mean for Payments Innovation"
PSR Briefing, April 2015
- "Where Social Networks, Payments and Banking Intersect"
PSR Briefing, December 2012
- "Developments in Merchant Acquiring"
with Christian Hung, PSR Briefing, September 2008
- "The Evolution of the ACH"
PSR Briefing, December 2007
- "Complex Landscapes: Mobile Payments in Japan, South Korea, and the United States"
with Fumiko Hayashi, PSR Briefing September 2007
- "Stored-Value Cards: A Card for Every Reason"
PSR Briefing, June 2007
- "Paper, Plastic.....or Phone"
PSR Briefing, December 2006
- "Payments Fraud: Consumer Considerations"
PSR Briefing, May 2006
- "Contactless: The Next Payment Wave?"
PSR Briefing, December 2005
- "Who's Processing Your Payments?"
with Stuart Weiner, PSR Briefing, August 2005
- "Payment Types at the Point of Sale: Merchant Considerations"
PSR Briefing, December 2004
- "The Many Uses of Stored-Value Cards"
Newsletter article, November 2003
- "Nonbanks More of a Market Force"
Newsletter article, May 2003
- "EBPP: How Sharply Will It Grow?"
Newsletter article, May 2002
- "Banking on the Internet"
Newsletter article, February 2002
- "Growing Acceptance of Account Aggregation"
Newsletter article, September 2001
- "The P-2-P Payments Proposition"
Newsletter article, March 2001
- "Electronic Checks on the Upswing"
Newsletter article, January 2001