Financial Stability Resources
The Kansas City Fed is enhancing the financial stability of low- and moderate- income consumers and their households through supporting financial access and education programs and resources. The following resources assist in strengthening the financial stability of low- and moderate-income consumers and their households.
- Putting Your Paycheck to Work
This financial education series helps employees understand and make the most of their paychecks. Resources for employers are also available.
- Bank On Partners
The Kansas City Fed partners with Bank On coalitions that expand access to financial services for unbanked consumers. Coalitions include Bank On Save Up Kansas City, Bank on Denver and Bank on the Heartland.
- Unbanked Profile of the Tenth Federal Reserve District
Overview of the unbanked and underbanked markets in the Tenth District using the FDIC’s 2011 national survey.
- Financial Inclusion: Making It Work for the Benefit of All
Overview of strategies to expand access to financial services.
- Kansas City Fed's Payday Lending Seminar
Watch the seminar on the potential effects of payday lending restrictions and read Economist Kelly Edmiston's presentation.
- Payday Loans: Quick, costly, controversial but restrictions may have unintended consequences
For consumers needing a small-dollar, temporary loan, payday lenders are a popular and expensive option.
- Unbanked and Underbanked Consumers
This study provides insight into the 2.3 million unbanked and underbanked households in the Tenth District.
- Student Loans: Overview and Issues
Student loans present problems for some borrowers, but student loans do not yet impose a significant burden on society from their fiscal impact.
- $1 Trillion in Student Loan Debt: The Story Behind the Numbers
Audioconference discusses student loan debt and its impact.
- Weighing the Effects of Financial Education in the Workplace
Study suggests that both employers and workers benefit from financial education programs in the workplace.
- Financial education in the workplace benefits employees, employers
Onsite financial education program positively affects the bottom line.
- The Case for Financial Education in the Workplace
Get key concepts, rationales and actions for initiating financial education in the workplace.
- Consumer Credit Reports
Get a snapshot of consumer credit conditions in each of the seven states in the Tenth District.
- LMI Survey
This survey measures the economic conditions of low- and moderate-income (LMI) populations and the organizations that serve them.
- Map Your Community
Get employment, consumer credit and industry data about each state in the Tenth District.
- Federal Reserve Education
Resources on personal finance and economic topics from across the Federal Reserve.
- Building Wealth: A Beginner's Guide to Securing Your Financial Future
This comprehensive resource from the Dallas Fed provides video, mobile and interactive resources to help develop a plan for building personal wealth.
- Major Financial Decisions
Free tools curated by the Richmond Fed to help answer important financial planning questions.