- Training: Whether it’s an onsite class taught by Fed staff, one of the more than 2,500 online courses or an external program, employees are encouraged to attend a variety of training to grow professionally and personally.
- Educational Assistance: Our educational assistance program encourages employees to continue learning for better job performance as well as to increase their potential for progression into other positions at the Kansas City Fed.
- Professional and Leadership Development: Leadership development is one of the highest priorities of the Kansas City Fed. Strong leaders are key to our success, allowing us to effectively carry out our regional and Federal Reserve System responsibilities. Employees partner with their management to identify growth opportunities and professional interests, determine goals, and establish action plans for professional growth.
- Job Progression: Current eligible employees can self-direct their careers by applying for open positions within the Federal Reserve. The primary objective is to fill the position with a person whose qualifications best match the requirements of the position and whose career would be best served by a developmental opportunity. Generally, anyone who has been in his or her current position successfully for one year or longer can apply.
- Mentoring: We have a formal mentoring program to foster employee development. Newer employees have the opportunity to be paired with more experienced staff members to grow personally and professionally through peer interaction.
- Enjoys work
- Positive thinker
- Desire to learn
- Imposes high standards on self and others
- Demonstrates integrity
- Works well with broad range of individuals
- Candid and open
- Behavior models the Bank’s vision and values
Capacity to understand and explain
- Able to make the complex simple
- Able to identify and clarify issues
- Exercises good judgment
Ability to get results
- Works hard, effectively, and efficiently
- Maintains focus and perspective
- Ability to make decisions
- Delegates effectively
- Demonstrates long-range planning and organizational skills
Ability to communicate and motivate
- Builds teamwork
- Able to energize (mobilize) others
- Enhances self-esteem of others
- Good listener
- Creates sense of passion/pride
- Develops staff
Vision and strategic focus
- Conceptualizes and articulates a vision for the future that demonstrates a broad, organizational perspective
- Influences the development of higher level organizational goals and strategies
- Identifies effective strategies to achieve the vision
- Demonstrates decision-making consistent with the Bank’s vision
- Encourages and applies creativity and innovation in overcoming barriers to achieving the vision
- Takes appropriate risks