Who We Are
At the Kansas City Fed, we work together to promote a stable economy. We take pride in who we are.
Our Mission: Why we exist
The Kansas City Fed fosters the stability, integrity and efficiency of the nation’s monetary, financial and payments systems to promote a stable, healthy economy.
- Monetary Policy: Contribute to the formulation and implementation of monetary policy that promotes financial stability and sustainable economic growth.
- Supervision and Regulation: Provide supervisory and regulatory oversight to financial institutions in a way that fosters a sound, accessible and competitive financial system that inspires trust.
- Financial Services: Promote a safe and efficient payments system, while providing high-quality, innovative financial services to depository institutions, the U.S. Treasury and the public.
Our Vision: What we want to be known for
Our vision is to inspire the public, financial institutions and central bank colleagues to have trust and confidence in us.
- The Public: Views the Kansas City Fed as acting in its best interest in monetary policy considerations, financial institution supervision and payment systems functions.
- Financial Institutions: View the Kansas City Fed as an outstanding provider of payments system services and supervisor of financial institutions. Our expertise in serving community banks is widely known and highly regarded.
- Central Bank Colleagues: View the Kansas City Fed as a leading contributor to monetary, regulatory and financial services policies and initiatives. Our leadership and influence are highly respected and sought out.
Diversity: Our commitment
Valuing diversity and teamwork helps the Kansas City Fed achieve its goals by offering creative and cost effective solutions to challenges the Fed faces. Being part of a diverse team empowers employees who are more engaged in our efforts to continuous improvement. Read our president's commitment to diversity.
- Black Achievers Society
- Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce
- National Black MBA Association
- National Society of Hispanic MBAs
- Urban Financial Services Coalition
- Urban League
Community Involvement: Our responsibility
The Kansas City Fed engages in a variety of activities that bring value to our community.
Community Involvement Program (CIP): The CIP is a Bankwide group of employees that seek opportunities for employees and their families to volunteer in a variety of civic, educational, and community service activities. The program seeks to improve the quality of life in surrounding communities through committed, inspired, and caring volunteers. Examples of opportunities include:
- Sowing the Seeds
- Book Drive
- Children in the Workplace
- Habitat for Humanity
- Tulips on Troost
- School Supply Drive
- Cards for Soldiers
- Anonymous Santa
United Way Campaign: The Kansas City Fed takes part in the annual United Way campaign through a variety of activities and events, such as a silent auction and talent show, to raise money and awareness about United Way's role in the community.
Environmental Green Initiative: The Green Team is a Bankwide group of employees that seek to improve operating efficiencies and instill a culture of sustainability such that the Kansas City Fed is viewed as a responsible corporate citizen. Team members assist in promoting and implementing various green events and initiatives, in addition to participating in brainstorming sessions on opportunities to improve the Bank's green efforts.
Corporate Challenge: The Kansas City Fed participates in Corporate Challenge, an Olympic-type event that allows Kansas City area corporations to interact with each other through a variety of sporting events.