Examinations and Inspections / Enforcement
Financial examiners evaluate the risk profile of a bank, assess multiple aspects of its financial condition, determine the effectiveness of management oversight, and review the banking institution's compliance with banking laws and regulations. For organizations whose condition has declined to a problem status, our Enforcement staff provides more intensive monitoring of and interaction with those organizations. Specialized examinations of trust activities and information technology operations are also conducted.
- Travel to state member banks (up to 50%) with a team of examiners .
- Evaluate operational and lending functions.
- Conduct ongoing monitoring of District banks.
- Conduct oral presentations of examination findings to both bank and Federal Reserve management.
- Write formal reports summarizing the examination findings and recommendations.